Friday, September 4, 2009

Welcome to autumn everyone

It was a beautiful autumn day today , I had plans to meet friends for lunch at Fuego where we enjoyed a wonderful mexican meal and my first time to enjoy sopas ........delicioso!!!! .... thank you for all the great selections Teresa . The finale for me, was the flan , chocolate at that - nothing more needs to be said at this moment .

This weekend we celebrate Labour Day , technically heralding the end of summer and one last chance to fire up the bbq and entertain family and friends . However, September can be the most enjoyable month to sit outside and enjoy a great meal . The warmth from the sun is loved and needed , the chill in the air beckons us to wear some warm and snuggly and the upcoming changing of the leaves ( more on that in a few weeks) is a much anticipated event - by this transplant to the Mid-West .


We also look forward to apple picking , check out the photos from last years adventure :
This of course is then followed, by the big decision as to which pumpkin to carve .....hhhmmmm
So , my girls definitely enjoyed the adventure and eagerly await this years expedition .
Food at this time becomes a comfort and an opportunity to savour the last of the summer bounty , tomatoes, zucchini and corn .  My zebra tomatoes are still struggling to ripen ........ I have a great recipe to share with you in my next post a little twist on "fried green tomatoes" .
And a postcript to all that have enquired , I will start posting recipes on my blog very soon .

No comments:

Post a Comment